DHAKA, Feb 26 (BSS) - At least 80 shanties of a slum were gutted in a fire in Kamrangirchar today.
Fire Service and Civil Defence sources said the fire took place in a slum in Muslimbagh area under Kamrangirchar Police Station at around 11:05 am.
The fire originated from an electric short circuit and soon engulfed at least 80 shanties. Valuables of slum dwellers were
gutted in the fire, the sources said.
None was however hurt in the fire.
Four fire engines brought the fire under control after an hour of frantic effort, the sources said.
The cost of damage caused by the fire is estimated to be around Taka 15 lakh, the sources said.